Who we are
Suki Hitchcock (sole trader) trading as: The Green Escape
I, Suki Hitchcock, Founder and Director of The Green Escape, am the data controller and I am responsible for your personal data (referred to as “I” and “my” in this privacy notice).
Data privacy is of high importance for The Green Escape and we want to be open and transparent with our processing of your personal data.
We therefore have a policy setting out how your personal data will be processed and protected.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact Suki Hitchcock by:
• Emailing us at email@example.com
• Calling us on 07590 693 271
By providing us with your information, you consent to our collection and use of the information you provide in the way(s) set out in this policy.
What information we collect about you
We collect two types of information:
Personal information which means any information that can be used to identify you. The type and quantity of information we collect, and how we use it, depends on why you are providing it, but we will only ever collect the information we need, including data that can help us to improve our services.
Personal Information that we collect may include the following:
• Identity Data may include your first name, last name, username, title,
• Contact Data may include your home address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Usage Data may include information about how you use this site.
• Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from The Green Escape and your communication preferences.
• Non-personal information is data that does not reveal your identity, such as website pages accessed, and files downloaded. This helps us to monitor how many people use our websites, how many people visit on a regular basis, and how popular different pages are. This information doesn’t tell us anything about you, it simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
How we collect data
When you give it to us directly - this could be when you complete your website contact form, subscribe to our newsletter, engage with our social media, contact us via email or on the phone or provide your visitor registration details.
When you visit our website. Like most websites, we use “cookies” to help us make our site – and the way you use it – better. Cookies are used by most major websites and work by placing small amounts of information on to your computer. A cookie often contains a unique number, which can be used to recognise your computer when a user of your computer returns to a website that it visited previously.
What we do with your information
Depending on your relationship with The Green Escape, and the preferences you have indicated, information you give us may be used to:
• Fulfill your requests or provide you with the services, or information you asked for - such as guest booking enquiries or visitor requests, sending you our newsletters, logging registered visitor details.
• Communicate with you. Tools may be used to monitor the effectiveness of our communications with you, including email tracking, which records when an e-newsletter from us is opened and/or how many links are clicked within the message. The data from this tracking is used in an aggregated and anonymised form.
• With your consent, we will contact you to keep you up to date with The Green Escape news, offers and events. Occasionally we may include information about partner organisations who are collaborating with us on joint projects. Our forms and website have clear marketing preference questions and we include information on how to opt out when we send you any marketing material. If you don’t want to hear from us, please just let us know when you provide your data, by unsubscribing from our newsletters at any time or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing your data and keeping it safe
The information we collect about you will be used by our staff so that we can support you and provide you with the services you have requested. We will never sell or share your personal information with third parties.
• We may also need to disclose your details if required to the police, professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
• HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
• We may need to pass your personal information to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails. Third parties are not allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes. For these purposes your details may be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and you consent to such transfer by using the Website.
How long do we keep your information
We will only keep your data for as long as we need to in order to operate the service which you have requested and for as long as required in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules. When your data is no longer needed, we will dispose of it in a secure manner.
For tax purposes, we have to keep basic information about our customers (including contact, identity, financial and transaction data) for seven years after they cease being customers.
You have various rights under the data protection act and the EU General Data Protection Regulations in respect of the personal information we hold about you. These include the right to:
• Request access to your personal data.
• Request correction of your personal data.
• Request erasure of your personal data.
• Object to processing of your personal data.
• Request restriction of processing your personal data.
• Request transfer of your personal data.
• Withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights on the ICO website.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email email@example.com
Third party links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. The Green Escape does not control third-party websites and we are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave this website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit
Reporting a data breach
If we become aware that there has been a security breach, which will cause adverse effects to the individual whose data has been breached, we will report this to the relevant supervisory authority
within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach. We will also notify the individual as soon as possible.
Concerns or complaints
If you have any questions relating to your personal information, please contact Suki Hitchcock, Director, The Green Escape at or by calling 07590 693 271
If having contacted us you still have any concerns regarding the way we handle your personal information, you have the right to lodge your concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Visit https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ for more information.
This policy was last updated in May 2018.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please email